We are currently looking for a Transaction Coordinator.
This is an individual who is outgoing, draws energy from working with people, and is optimistic. They have a strong sense of urgency, but not at the expense of quality. In addition, he/she demonstrates on a daily basis the knowledge, attitudes, skills, and habits of a high achiever who is committed to putting clients first, doing the right thing, and seeking win-win agreements. The Transaction Coordinator must be adaptable to change and be solutions-oriented. He/She will manage the entire contract-to-close process efficiently and effectively to ensure all transactions close on time, with little or no hassle to clients and third parties. This individual must provide exceptional customer service.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Act as liaison between real estate agents, clients, attorneys, escrow companies, and mortgage brokers during the process of a real estate sale and effectively manage the administrative tasks involved in closing a sale
- Create timelines and follow up with individuals as needed to ensure all deadlines are met and contingencies are released
- Maintain accurate and compliant files for all transactions
- Create a house file (either in Dotloop or physical) for all transactions
- Create Greensheets
- Understand the contracts in order to summarize all important terms, conditions, and contingency dates
- Communicate with the agent several times throughout the transaction including all important dates, missing documents, calendar reminders, file compliance status, etc.
- Communicate regularly with the client to send them reminders, check in, and let them know what to expect in each step of the closing process
- Establish relationships with all third parties including lenders, inspectors, appraisers, and all agents in order to ensure a smooth closing process and share relevant information
- Draft any addenda needed along the way and keep a record of them on file and ensure they are shared with relevant parties
- Be the first point of contact/resource for all questions that arise throughout the closing process from agent (and client, attorneys, lenders, appraisers, other transaction coordinators/Realtors, etc.)
- Stay in good communication with the agent if any issues arise that they need to handle or negotiate
- Coordinate closing date, time, and location and notify all parties
- Notify client about utility accounts to set up/cancel
- Draft a commission statement for our listings and verify commissions for our buyer side transactions prior to closing (along with utility and other prorations)
- Put together the closing file for the agent including any documents needing signatures/initials/dates, commission amount for the check to bring back, and any other documents needed from closing
- Excellent at building rapport
- Thrives on following checklists
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Willing to learn scripts and dialogues